We partnered with Oriental Trading Company to bring you this fun, festive, and super easy craft you can do at home to spread a little holiday cheer!
This year I have been really pushing the idea of giving to others with my kids. They have so much, but sometimes have a hard time grasping that not everyone else does. So, as much as I can, I try to think of things we can do that are fun, but also involve giving to other. And so Random Acts of Cheer was born!
We decided to make these for our neighbor friends, but you could certainly be even more random with them. It’s up to you!
Here’s what you need for this fun craft:
– Large, clear, easy-to-fill ornaments. (We like these because you can open them up to fill them and don’t have to worry about things not fitting.)
– Christmas Candy (Individually wrapped with festive wrappers!)
– Gift Basket Shred (Optional, but makes it look more full and festive! I had some leftover from our last ornament craft, but Oriental Trading has some really awesome metallic colors here.)
– Washi Tape in your favorite Holiday colors/designs.
– Twine or Ribbon
– FREE Printable Random Act of Cheer tags – Click here to print!
Now to assemble. It’s pretty simple. Open the ornament up, throw some candy in it.
Throw some shred in if you want. Snap the ornament closed.
The kids were all about helping with this craft, and were actually more generous with the candy than I was at first!
Tape around the “equator” with the washi tape. Pull tight! It looks really cute, but I was worried all the candy we stuffed inside would make it pop open, so it served two purposes!
Tie a knot around the tab at the top and grab your gift tag. (If you don’t want to be anonymous, write your name on the back!)
Tie the tag on with a pretty bow, if you’re talented enough (I am not) and then you’re done!
Repeat until you run out of ornaments. Then gather them up and deliver them to your neighbors and friends. This is such a fun way to spend time with the kids while they’re out of school and also do a little something nice for others.
Head to the Oriental Trading Company’s Christmas Store to get everything you need to spread the cheer!