It’s here, it’s here! It’s finally here! School has started up again for three of our four kids, with the fourth starting next week. I’m excited to finally get a few hours a day to myself and maybe actually be productive, but I also want to celebrate my “me time” a little bit too. I’ve partnered with Groupon for this sponsored post about how to celebrate back-to-school season and still stay on a budget!
Woo hoo! You just dropped all the kids off at school, and now what?! Cleaning? Errands? Work? Sure, you can get caught up on those – or you can do something nice for yourself. You deserve it! You had a busy, exciting, fun, and somewhat exhausting summer. And you survived! So take a few hours to celebrate the little victories.
1. Pamper Yourself. Groupon has an entire section devoted to Beauty & Spa services in your neighborhood where you can find great deals on massages, beauty treatments, hairstyling, and more! I found quite a few things that have been on my self-care to do list for quite a while now.
2. Grab coffee or lunch with a friend. I was able to snag myself one of the infamous $5 for $10 Starbucks gift cards recently, but if you missed it this time around there are still tons of other amazing Food & Drink Groupons to choose from! Our area has lots of yummy ice cream place deals, and I think a mid-day dessert date with a friend sounds fantastic.
3. Go shopping. Who doesn’t love shopping without the kids? It’s just so nice to be able to actually look around a store and not have to stop small people from grabbing things, or have to field thousands of random questions. You can even try on clothes by yourself! Or, if you’d rather stay in your pajamas, you can shop online with Groupon coupons for favorite stores like Nordstrom Rack, Target, and more!
4. Hit the gym. Getting a workout in is a great way to get some self-care in, and if you find a group fitness class you love, it can be a lot of fun! (If you don’t already have a gym membership, Groupon has great specials for 24 Hour Fitness.)
5. Take a nap. Last but definitely not least, celebrate back-to-school with a little extra rest! Lay your head down on your fanciest pillow (I love my bamboo pillow from Bed Bath & Beyond) and enjoy some uninterrupted (for once) sleep. But don’t forget to set an alarm because it would be super embarrassing if you were late to pick up the kids because you slept in!
Let Groupon help you celebrate another awesome school year. After all, you deserve it! And I do too, so if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go do a little bit of number five. 😉
(This is a sponsored post on behalf of Groupon.com. All opinions and experiences are my own.)